The thinBasic script interpreter itself has no knowledge of SPFLite whatsoever. It knows and understands Basic syntax, and nothing else.
But, when run from within SPFLite, a collection of SPFLite interface routines are automatically made available as extensions to the thinBasic language. These routines provide all the needed tools to support interaction with SPFLite and allow thinBasic to be used as a proper scripting language. These functions provide the following abilities:
- Functions which can access a variety of status information about the SPFLite edit session itself and the file being edited.
- Functions which can be used to:
- Fetch and store data lines in the Edit session
- Issue Primary and Line commands that affect the Edit session
- Set macro return codes and messages for the user
- Set cursor location to be used following the macro execution
Note: You may notice that one of the features of SPFLite that is not supported through macros is the invocation of keyboard primitive functions. That is a limitation in the present implementation of macro support in SPFLite. Later versions of SPFLite may or may not add this support.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Write EPub books for the iPad