SC / SCC - Sentence-Case Lines
SCC / SCC
SCC is the block form of this command.
The number of lines to be converted to Sentence Case. If you do not type a number, or if the number you type is 1, only the line on which you type SC is sentence-cased.
To convert characters on one or more lines to Sentence Case:
- Type SC in the line command area of the line that contains the characters that you want to convert to Sentence case. To convert characters on lines following this one, type a number greater than 1 after the SC command.
- Press Enter.
- The characters on the specified line(s) are converted to Sentence Case.
To convert characters in a block of lines to Sentence Case:
- Type SCC in the line command area of both the first and last lines that contain characters that are to be converted. You can scroll (or use FIND or LOCATE) between typing the first SCC and the second SCC, if necessary.
- Press Enter
- The characters on the specified lines that contain the two SCC commands and in all of the lines between them are converted to Sentence Case.
Sentence Case description
Sentence Case processing is performed by first converting all the text to lower case. Then the first letter of the first word of each sentence is Capitalized.
- The first word of the first line processed is considered to be the start of a sentence.
- The last word of a sentence is considered to be any word ending with a period (.), Exclamation point (!), or a Question mark (?).
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create EBooks