MD / MDD - Make Data Line
MDD / MDD
The number of lines to be converted to data lines. If n is omitted or specified as zero, one line is converted. The n operand may also be specified as the / forward or \ backward modifier.
The MD line command converts a =NOTE> line into a normal data line. In addition, special lines that are displayed by the PROFILE command can also be converted into normal data lines. Such lines include =PROF>, =WORD>, =MARK>, =TABS>, =COLS> and =BNDS>.
On the Top of Data and Bottom of Data lines, MD is not allowed. On excluded lines, the lines remain excluded after they are converted. It is legal to use MD or MDD on a line or block in which some or all of the lines are already normal data lines. If this is done, the already-normal lines are simply ignored, and remain normal lines.
To convert one or more special or NOTE lines to normal data lines:
- Type MD in the line command area on the line that is to be converted. If you want to convert more than one line, type an ‘n' value greater than 1 after the MD.
- Press Enter. The special lines and NOTE lines are converted to normal data lines.
To convert a block of special or NOTE lines to normal data lines:
- Type MDD in the line command area of both the first and last lines to be converted. You can scroll (or use the FIND or LOCATE command) between the first MDD and the second MDD, if necessary.
- The LOCATE [NOT] NOTE command may be used to find the FIRST, LAST, PREV or NEXT line which is (or is not) a =NOTE> line.
- The LOCATE [NOT] SPECIAL command may be used to find the FIRST, LAST, PREV or NEXT line which is [not] a special line, such as is displayed by the PROFILE command.
- Press Enter. The lines that contain the two MDD commands and all lines between them are converted to normal data lines.
Here, a number of lines have the Make Data command MD placed on them:
Result: Notice that the lines that had MD line commands placed on them now have line numbers, because they are now regular data lines.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Easily create Help documents