Creating a Portable Version
Contents of Article
SPFLite can be copied to removable media (such as a USB flash drive), complete with its customized environment for use on systems other than the one on which it was originally installed.
If you plan to do this, complete all customization activities before performing the following steps.
- Copy the entire SPFLite program files folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\SPFLite to a folder on the removable media
- Inside the folder you created above, create a \Config folder.
- If you are not sure where the SPFLite customization files are stored:
- Start SPFLite
- Enter OPTIONS (can be abbreviated to OPTION or OPT)
- The correct location will be shown at the bottom of the Options dialog box.
- Using the directory located above, copy the entire contents of this directory, including its subdirectories to the \Config folder you created in the 2nd step.
- Your portable version is now complete. When executed from the removable media, all your customization will be retained.
If you copy SPFLite from the removable media to another system's hard drive and execute it from that hard drive, SPFLite will NOT retain your customization.
Since STATE information is now stored as ordinary data files, under the STATE folder of SPFLite. Your removable media can have any file system you prefer, either NTFS or any type of FAT file system supported by your version of Windows.
See Saving the Edit STATE for more information.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured Documentation generator